Well, three years later, that little move has become a signature of mine, even if my hair is dirty or clean. No matter what the season, this little style trick adds instant glamour and fun to my look. Over the past years I have had lots of requests for a “how-to” of my signature do, and today is the day that I walk you through it. Follow these 7 easy steps and you’ll instantly feel like a style setter, with or without clean hair.
About three years ago while on a trip, I woke up late to find our entire family waiting on me to get ready. With no time to shower, and less-than-fresh hair, I decided to tie a scarf around my topknot to add some instant style and cover up my neglected hair. My on-the-fly creation ended up looking great, and I surprisingly felt so cute that day.
1. Start with a square silk scarf.
2. Fold into a triangle.
3. Fold the point back on the folded side.
4. Fold over one more time to make the scarf skinnier.
5. Wrap the scarf around the back of your head where your neck and hairline meet.
6. Tie in a knot off to one side.
7. Tie in a bow and you’ve got it!