Since 2019 began, and sweet, Baby Margot was born, I’ve been doing quite a bit of shopping. Transitioning from a pregnancy where I gained quite a lot of weight, to the post-baby stage, has left my closet needing some easy updates, and some classic staples. I refuse to not look chic while I’m working on losing this baby weight, so I have lots of fun new things in my closet. Here are my recent purchases that I’m obsessed with and cannot stop wearing.
1.Leopard Headband– It’s no secret that I’m obsessed with Lele Sadoughi headbands (I now own four of them hehe). This silk leopard headband goes with with everything from yoga pants to a little black dress, and it’s the one I wear the most.
2. Tweed Jacket– This colorful tweed jacket has been great to throw on with distressed jeans and a button up when I need to look put-together in a flash. I love the braided hem detail, and the red, white and blue tweed is fun yet classic.
3. Grey Top– I love a matching set because you can wear it together for a polished look, and pair it back with other pieces. This grey top has been so easy to wear, and to be honest, I’ve been wearing it multiple times a week.
4. Grey Pants– These comfy culottes have been so easy, and comfortable to wear as the summer heats up. I love them with a striped t-shirt, a chambray shirt, and with the matching top, of course.
5. Chanel-Inspired Kitten Heels– You know I LOVE my classic Chanel ballet flats, and the taupe and black kitten heels from Chanel have been on my radar for a while. I scooped up these Chanel-inspired heels to see if I would wear them enough to justify spending the money on a Chanel pair, and I’ve been wearing them a ton. Especially love wearing them with these high-waisted distressed jeans.
6. Gold Cuff– I’m always looking for versatile jewelry that I can wear day-to-day whether I’m with the girls or doing a closet edit for a client. I came across this gold cuff, and immediately had to have it. It is very well-made, but not too heavy on my wrist and is tarnish resistant. Love that!
7. Striped Shirt– Saint James striped t-shirts are my absolute favorites. I wear them so much that I have to replace them once a year. A striped t-shirt is a classic that you can get at any price point, but it’s great to have a couple high-quality stripes in your closet.
8. Striped Headband– This striped headband is the fourth Lele Sadoughi headband I purchased this year (eek!), but I have to say I’ve worn it so much. I throw it on to drop Bea off at school, and it looks fantastic with a flouncy summer dress.
9. Camo Sweat Pants– Camo is a modern must-have. Like leopard, you can treat it like a neutral and mix it with other prints like stripes. This brand tends to run a little small FYI. When in doubt, size up.
10. Oversize Sunglasses– I snagged the smokey-grey version of these sunglasses at The Avenue launch party last month. They are now sold out in the exact color I have, but I LOVE the black version and the smokey brown.
11. Silk Tiger Print Blouse– I’m a sucker for an animal motif, so I naturally love this lavender tiger print set. This blouse is so chic paired with the matching bow trousers, and with high-waisted jeans. Also love it with wide-leg white jeans.
12. Silk Tiger Print Pants– I’ve worn these pants with my Saint James striped shirt, a white blouse, and obviously with the matching blouse. Love the print form head to toe, and by itself.
13. Pearl Headband– Funny enough, I’m currently wearing this pearl headband as I’m write this post. This pearl headband feels like a glamorous crown whether it’s paired with jeans or with a gown.
14. LOVE slides– I “love” these slides for lots of reasons. The rubber sole lets me wear them pretty much anywhere, including the beach, and the nubby varsity leathering is so chic. Plus they are under $100. Definitely a must-have if you ask me!
15. “Meghan Markle” sunglasses– Thanks to Instagram ads, I found out that the sunglasses I snagged a while back, are also owned, and worn, by Meghan Markle. I love her style, so I’ve been wearing them even more since I found out we both have them hehe.
16. Pajama Set– Being home a lot feeding Margot means I need great pajamas right now. I ordered this classic pair from J.Crew, and now need them in every color. They wash and dry so well!
17. Faux Leather Leggings– These leggings have a huge following, and I can definitely see why. I ordered my first pair this spring, and love how flattering they are. They also add some much-needed texture to a lot of my outfits whether I’m feeling sporty or more dressed up.
18. Denim Headband– My denim Lele Sadoughi headband is the first one that I bought, and it’s such a great one to wear in a casual way this summer. Definitely planning on wearing mine this 4th of July.
19. Striped Shirt– I think a white shirt with navy stripes is pretty much the most classic a striped shirt can get. This one is a MUST for me!
20. Platform Converse– I was hesitant about these Converse at first because I’ve owned platform sneakers before that were really uncomfortable. But, I’m happy to report that these are just as comfy as the original sneakers. Don’t forget to size down in these. I wear a 9.5, and the US 8 fit me perfectly.
21. Striped Hat– I spotted this hat while at Target on a diaper run…ha! I love the woven texture that makes it look much higher end than it actually is.